Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014

Tumblr: Sam Winchester

 ...but I will be in my corner waving my Sam girl flag and loving this man with all my heart!


Ok so I couldn’t decide why I overall loved this episode, well I now know.
Despite still not giving us anything like enough Sam or his POV this whole episode was in many ways a big exercise in Sam Winchester is better than you. I mean look at him, his actions and words couldn’t have been further from the train wreck that was Dean’s reaction to the demon blood. He had so many more reasons to be hurt and angry and to lash out and he didn’t, but he didn’t just roll over and let Dean walk over him either, he made it clear that his pain doesn’t just go away because Dean thinks he was right or because Dean doesn’t want to think out what he’s done. He told Dean the mark didn’t matter, that they’d deal with it later, he said the exact opposite of ‘at least he dies human’.
Could the writers have given us more? Hell yes the could, so much, I really wish we’d gotten a mirror to Dean’s monologue in AHBL2, instead of just the visual mirroring (that being said, Sam cleaned the blood off Dean’s face, just take me now!) And I could have done without ‘I lied’ (even if I don’t think he really meant it). But what they did give us painted Sam in such an unambiguously good light, it really showed how truly unconditional Sam’s love for Dean is and how undeserving Sam was of the treatment he’d received at Dean’s hands.
Now watch 99% of the fandom completely ignore all this, but I will be in my corner waving my Sam girl flag and loving this man with all my heart!

Quelle:
peanutbutterbananasandwichs / tumblr

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen